Have Land to Sell? Get in touch today Telephone: +44(0)1928 797 900

Bishops Court

This former sand quarry at Bishop’s Court in Exeter was acquired from Aggregate Industries and represents Harrow Estates’ second acquisition from the company. Extending to approximately 21 acres overall and situated within the City of Exeter, the site is within a short distance of Digby and Sowton Railway Station and Exeter Chiefs Rugby Stadium.

 

The site was historically quarried before reaching the end of its practical economic use for mineral extraction.  After this time, the quarry was filled with surplus sand which was subsequently processed and sold and, most recently, part of the site was occupied by Aggregate Industries for concrete batching, aggregates storage and distribution. 

 

  • Full planning permission was granted for the redevelopment of the site to deliver 190 residential dwellings in April 2013.
  • The scheme will provide publicly accessible open space along with improved pedestrian and cycle links from the site to the wider area.
  • Offered an opportunity to reuse a brownfield site to provide much needed housing in a sustainable location.
  • Financial contributions will be provided towards local rail and highway improvements as well as contributions to improve the provision of community, recreational and sports facilities locally.
  • Asbestos removal and demolition works have commenced.
  • Harrow Estates has appointed specialist contractors to undertake the earthworks and ground improvement works in preparation for the site’s development.

Key Facts

No. Acres: 21

No. Units: 190

Requirements: Demolition, Infrastructure, Planning and Decontamination

Purchased From: Aggregate Industries

Sold To: Redrow Homes

Date Acquired: December 2011

Date Sold: March 2012

Previous Classification: Brownfield

Website

Bishops Court